Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reflections: Antaiji - The Song in My Head


I have a few half-written posts on my desktop, but somehow I haven’t been able to motivate myself to finish them or don’t quite know how. One of the few things I have been working on is trying to get the ‘Antaiji song’ that’s been playing in my head ‘onto paper’. Its still going strong, still coming up with new variations in instrumentation, styles, and timing. To get the song ‘on paper’ I’ve been using the laptop’s software, which is something I’ve never used before. So its been an experience. I probably should invest in some ‘real’ software to get the niceties in, e.g. grace notes, crescendos, more precision in the timing, more realistic sounding instruments. I could work on improving my editing skills too. But I start work tomorrow. So here are two really simple stripped-down versions of the basic melodic fragment. The longer one (Antaiji1) is the ‘sitting and working in the fields’ version and the shorter one (Antaiji3) is the ‘going-into-town’ version. Maybe your head can have fun with it too…






3 comments:

SlowZen said...

reminds me of The Happy Moog

真行  said...

Yeah, I suppose the reference to the Moog isn't surprising given the shortcomings of the software and my use of it. Its not actually that 'canned' sounding and synth hasn't been one of the instruments.

But your other point, that its basically a happy song is well-made and well-taken. Its either that or a 'flow of life' type song.

Thanks for stopping by...

真行  said...

(Not that the first point wasn't well made... )